Wow have I been on a pancake rampage, and this morning, I decided to make two that I stumbled upon last night. They both sounded so good, I simply had to try both. I ate the chocolate ones bare while the cookie dough ones with the low sugar raspberry preservatives from Trader Joe’s and a little peanut butter (I’ve been craving so much of it!), however you can always eat as you like. These are super good, and vegan!
Brownie Batter Pancakes (serves 1)
- 1/4 cup Bob’s spelt flour (or all-purpose or for gluten free use Bob’s gluten-free ap flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder (or dutch cocoa)
- 1 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar (you can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp nondairy milk of your choice
Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes! There are only 130 calories in this entire recipe. If you want a more substantial breakfast, feel free to make a bigger serving and/or go crazy with the toppings!!
Recipe Source Here they are!
Cookie Dough Pancakes (Serves 1-2)
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour (or regular flour)
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and optional 3 drops almond extract ( I added more vanilla)
- brown sugar or stevia, if desired (I added a 1/2 packet of stevia)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder (and optional: pinch baking soda for flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ener-g egg (or just add extra baking powder)
- up to 1/2 cup water or non-dairy milk (I used West Soy nonfat soymilk)
- chocolate chips galore!
Mix all the dry ingredients. Put liquid ingredients into dry, then stir. Cook on medium-low, flipping 1/2-way through.
130 calories and 2 grams of fat + chocolate chip calories
Recipe Source Here they are! Hmm yummmy.
These are both super yummy, however I prefer the cookie dough pancakes. I cannot ever resist cookie dough!