’nuff said. Make it and die a happy person.
Cookie Dough Oatmeal Cake (serves 1-2)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- sweetener, such as 1 1/2 T maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (Or sub banana)
- 1/4 cup milk, creamer, juice, or water (I used soy milk)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Handful of chocolate chips (and a few for the top, too!)
- Optional: unless you like the taste of fat-free baking, add 1-2T oil, vegan butter, or nut butter (If oil, scale the milk back a little. If vegan butter, scale the salt back a little.)
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (If you like cinnamon in chocolate chip cookies)
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boats, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes, or more until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3-5 more minutes (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust). Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.
Nutrition Facts: (if served as 1 serving) Calories: 180 Fat: 3g Protein: 7g Fiber: 9g, excluding nut or other butter (+more for chocolate chips)