I am a huge proponent of eating leftovers, there’s no use having a bunch of food rot in your fridge! Today, I used left overs from the past 2-3 days, and turned out with a super yummy sandwich. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Salmon-Eggplant Sandwich (serves 1)
- 1 Orowheat/Arnold sandwich thin
- 1 wedge of Babybell Light herb spreadable cheese
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper spread
- few slices grilled eggplant, any vegetable would work here (I used pretty small slices so I used more)
- about 5 oz leftover Salmon (I used Steelhead trout, equally as good!)
Assemble sandwich, I put cheese on both sides of sandwich, then bell pepper spread on top of that (1 side). I also had salmon on the bottom with eggplant on top. Put the entire sandwich in the panini press (I used a cuisineart one from Costco, works well!)
Remove, cut and enjoy. Here’s mine!