I love lasagna. I love eggplant. So together they’re awesome. I think this is a good way to get your kids to eat those extra veggies!
Eggplant Lasagna (serves 4-6)
- ½ medium eggplant sliced lengthwise into thin slices
- 1 jar (26.5 oz.) pasta sauce (I used Whole Foods sun-dried tomato and basil)
- 1 c fat-free ricotta cheese
- ½ c goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t garlic powder (or fresh)
- 1 T chopped basil (I used dried)
- 1 T chopped parsley (I used dried)
- 1 t oregano
- 4 T parmesan cheese
- ½ c fat-free shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread ½ c or so of sauce in the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Mix goat cheese, ricotta cheese, 2 T parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano and parsley.
Layer 1/3 of the eggplant slices to fully cover the bottom of the dish. Spread half of the cheese mix on top of the eggplant slices. Cover with ¾ c of sauce then layer the next third of eggplant slices to cover the whole dish. Add the rest of the cheese mix and then another ¾ c of sauce. Finally add the last third of the eggplant slices to make the top. Spread the rest of the sauce over the top and then sprinkle with 2 T parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover and spread the mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake another 10 minutes. Remove and cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
* To add in more veggies, saute some in a pot, then add to the sauce to include them in the sauce-y layer.