My mom made some awesome chili today, so obviously we had to have accompanying cornbread. Sorry I don’t have pics o the chili… totes forgot about it but this crumbly cornbread is SO good this should make up for it. Enjoy the yumminess!
Crumbly Cornbread (16 servings)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk.)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups fine or medium cornmeal
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice or regular sugar (I used Ideal Substitute)
- 1 and 1/2 packets stevia (or 2 more T sweetener)
- 11-oz can corn, drained (not unsalted)
- 2 T coconut or canola/veg oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
Mix the vinegar with the milk, and set aside. Combine dry ingredients and mix very well. In a separate bowl, combine the oil, applesauce, corn (pulverized if you wish), and milk-vinegar. Then pour the wet into dry and mix until just mixed. Pour into a greased 8×8 dish and cook at 420 F (preheated) for about 25 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before trying to cut, or it will crumble.
Based on 16 squares: Calories: 100 Fat: 2.5g Protein: 2g Carbs: 18g Fiber: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg