I am the BIGGEST fan of pesto. If it’s pesto anything, I will probably eat it. I love it that much. When I found out how much oil it usually has, I was super bummed because I prefer not to get my fat intake from oils. So when I found this recipe I was so pumped! It doesn’t taste EXACTLY the same but it is still SO good! A must try!
Oil-Free Pesto (makes a little over a cup)
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 cup packed chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 T white miso
- 2-3 T pine nuts
- 1/4 cup water (more or less depending on desired consistency)
Blend basil, parsley, garlic, miso, cheese, pine nuts and bread crumbs in either a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth. Slowly drizzle in water while machine is running to reach desired consistency.
ooh close up!